Whether you are just getting started with Italian or are approaching fluency, here are some amazingly helpful resources available online to set you on the right track. Please feel free to bookmark this page to be able to return here anytime during the journey of learning Italian.
Learn Italian Through Paid Courses
Want to learn Italian conveniently at your pace, and don't mind paying for it? There are paid courses targeting all levels and we have reviewed and rated some of the most popular beginner and intermediate Italian courses on our other blog post. However, our top two picks for anyone wanting to learn Italian are Rocket Italian and Fluenz Italian.
If you plan to take more than one course, Rocket Italian should be the first one you take. If you can just take one course, this should be it. Rocket Italian has revolutionized the language learning industry through its innovative gamified interactive learning methodology that takes the frustration out of the learning and makes it fun and enjoyable.
Designed by linguistic experts and graduates from MIT, Harvard, and Oxford, Fluenz takes a refreshingly new approach to language learning through its interactive learning platform accessible across all your personal devices.
Learn Italian Through Books
Listed below are some of the books every Italian language learner should have in their bookshelf. Check them out.
- Italian All-in-One For Dummies
- Italian Short Stories For Beginners: 8 Unconventional Short Stories to Grow Your Vocabulary and Learn Italian the Fun Way!
- Lonely Planet Fast Talk Italian (Phrasebook)
- Ultimate Italian Beginner-Intermediate (Coursebook) (Ultimate Beginner-Intermediate)
Audio Books and DVDs
- Learn Italian with Paul Noble
- Pimsleur Italian Basic Course - Level 1 Lessons 1-10 CD: Learn to Speak and Understand Italian with Pimsleur Language Programs
- Living Language Italian, Complete Edition: Beginner through advanced course, including 3 coursebooks, 9 audio CDs, and free online learning
- Start Italian (Learn Italian with the Michel Thomas Method)
Learn Italian Through Tutors and One-on-One Personal Coach
Do you learn better with the personalized attention of a teacher? There are thousands of Italian language tutors readily available for you to hire on a per hour basis. Simply check out the platforms listed below, browse through the tutors and select the best time and tutor.
- iTalki - Italian Tutors
- Verbling - Find Italian Teachers
- Take Lessons - Tutors
- Verbal Planet - Tutors
- Live Lingua - Italian Skype Lessons
Learn Italian Through Audio Podcasts
Are you into listening to podcasts? Then you will definitely enjoy the following free and paid podcasts that teach Italian.
- Language Transfer - Introduction to Italian Podcast
- RadioLingua - Coffee Break Italian
- LingQ Podcast Italian
- Let's Speak Italian - Podcast
- News in Slow Italian
Learn Italian Through Youtube Videos
Some Italian native speakers turn teachers using Youtube platform and help a lot of aspiring language learners. Here are some channels worth subscribing to.
- Learn Italian with Italian Pod 101
- Learn Italian with Lucrezia
- Italy Made Easy
- Lingo Lab Italian
- Learn Italian with Weilà Tom
- Learn Italian with C
Learn Italian Through Mobile Applications (Mobile Apps)
Want to learn a language during your commute? We have several apps that cater to just that. Following are some of the most popular apps that you will enjoy learning Italian with.
Learn Italian Through MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses)
MOOCs are a boon to those who want to take language classes from top universities around the world. There are some great Italian courses available for you to take on the following sites.
- Eliademy Courses on Italian
- EdX Italian Language Courses
- Udemy Italian Courses
- Intermediate Italian Course by UNC
- Speak Italian with your mouth full - course by MIT Open Courseware
Learn Italian by Reading Your Favorite Magazines in Italian
Do you know that most of your popular magazines are also available in Italian to read?
News in Spanish
Radio in Italian
- Italian radio stations streaming live on the internet
- RAI Italy Radio - Free Internet Radio
- List of online Italy Radio Stations
- Radio Italy Live
Learn Italian by Watching Movies, Documentaries, TV Shows, Serials in Italian
Some Italian documentaries and videos available for you to watch, enjoy and improve your language at the same time.
- Italian Documentaries list compiled by Italy Heritage
- Documentaries and educational videos on italchannel.tv
Learn Italian by Participating in Italian Social Media and Forums
There are some dedicated Italian language learning communities where like-minded people hang out and get their questions answered. Have a question you want to be answered? Head over to these forums.
- Reddit - /r/Italian
- Word Reference
- Let's Learn Italian - Impariamo l'italiano
- Fluent in 3 Months
Learn Italian by Following Italian Language Blogs
Following are some blogs focussed on dispersing useful information to Italian language learners. It is wise to follow them regularly.
- Transparent - Italian Blog
- Becoming Italian Word by Word - Blog
- Learn Italian with Lucrezia
- Italian Pod 101
- Cyber Italian - Blog
- SOS Italian - translation and teaching
- Learn Italian with Me - Blog
Learn Italian Through Downloading Flashcards, Worksheets, and Printables
- Anki Web Decks
- Study Stack Italian Flashcards
- Italian Flashcards by 101languages.net
- 1000 Italian vocabulary flashcards by Quizlet
- Italian flashcards by Flash Card Machine
Learn Italian Through Italian To English Dictionary and Word of the Day
How about learning one Italian word a day or looking up for the meaning of an Italian word only when you need it and setting yourself up for mastery one word at a time? Dictionaries can help you do exactly this.
Collins has a comprehensive coverage of around quarter million words of Italian and their accurate english counterpart.
Reverso Italian - English dictionary offers you a complete user generated and populated words and expressions including Slang words along with thousands of Italian entries and their English translation.
Learn Italian by Reading Your Favorite Comics in Italian
This is your gateway to Italian comic art. Get the daily news, find out about the cartoonists' society, and much more.
Sit down and enjoy Italy's favorite comic strip character, Lupo Alberto.
Il Museo Virtuale del Fumetto
Learn more about the history and creation of Italian comics and more from the Museum of Comic Art.
Learn Italian Through Proverbs and Romantic Phrases, Italian Social Media
Italian Romantic Phrases
- Proverbs compiled by Wiki Quotes
- Italian Proverbs compiled by nvg.org
- Collection by Tutorino.ca
- Compilation by Italiansrus.com
Translate Every Italian Webpage to English Through Italian To English Browser Extensions
These browser extensions can somewhat accurately translate any web page you visit in any language to any other language of your choice. You can use them to learn Italian by translating English pages to Italian and vice versa.
BONUS: Learn Italian by Translating Your Favorite Movie Dialogues in Italian
Let us know if we have missed any of your favorite resource for learning Italian. Wish you a happy learning!