Always wanted to learn Korean? You have come to the right place. There are plenty of resources available online to guide you throughout the journey of learning a seemingly difficult yet beautiful language like Korean. We have compiled the most useful resources for language learners. Bookmark this page to be able to come back later whenever you need help finding something.
Learn Korean Through Paid Courses
Following a structured curriculum laid out by linguistic experts is always the best way to learn any language and Korean is no exception. If you are ready to join a program, we would recommend you begin with Rocket Korean.
Rocket Korean stands top of our list of courses for learning the Korean language because of the innovative blend of technology and gamification throughout the course that makes language learning incredibly fun and thoroughly enjoyable.
- Read our review of all Korean courses available online
Learn Korean Through Books
If you are a kind of person that learns best by following physical books, we recommend going through the books listed below.
- Korean From Zero! 1: Master the Korean Language and Hangul Writing System with Integrated Workbook and Online Course
- Korean Made Simple: A beginner's guide to learning the Korean language (Volume 1) (Korean Edition)
- Korean for Beginners: Mastering Conversational Korean (CD-ROM Included)
- Living Language Korean, Complete Edition: Beginner through advanced course, including 3 coursebooks, 9 audio CDs, Korean reading & writing guide, and free online learning
- Learn Hangul in One Hour: A Complete Course on How to Teach Yourself the Korean Writing System
- Read and Speak Korean for Beginners with Audio CD, 2nd Edition (Read & Speak for Beginners)
- Integrated Korean: Beginning 1, 2nd Edition (Klear Textbooks in the Korean Language)
- Elementary Korean: Second Edition (Audio CD Included)
Audio Books and DVDs
- Pimsleur Korean Conversational Course - Level 1 Lessons 1-16 CD: Learn to Speak and Understand Korean with Pimsleur Language Programs
- Teach Me More Korean (Paperback & Audio CD) (Korean Edition)
- Start Korean (Learn Korean with the Michel Thomas Method)
Learn Korean Through Tutors and One-on-One Personal Coach
Would like to take your Korean to next level? Try interacting with native Korean speakers who are available for hire on an hourly basis on the following web places.
- iTalki - Korean Teachers
- Verbling - Find Korean Tutors
- Take Lessons - Korean Tutors
- Live Lingua - Korean Skype Lessons
Learn Korean Through Audio Podcasts
Listening to language podcasts is a great way to make your jogging time or time at the gym worthwhile. The following podcasts are worth looking into.
- Talk to me in Korean
- Learn Korean with Korean Class 101
- Korean Champ Podcasts
- KBS World - Learn Korean Lessons
- iTunes | Korean Survival Phrases
- Google Play | Korean Listening Practice
Learn Korean Through Youtube Videos
The following Youtubers have plenty of useful Korean videos targeting beginners. Check them out.
- Learn Korean with Korean Class 101
- Sweet and Tasty TV - Korean Life, Culture, and Language
- Korean UNNIE
- SEEMILE dot COM
- Talk to me in Korean
- Korean Language Community
- Learn Korean with GO! Billy Korean
Learn Portuguese Through Mobile Applications (Mobile Apps)
Learning Korean during office breaks and your daily commute has now become easier thanks to all the great mobile applications. Following are some of the most popular apps that you will enjoy learning Korean with.
Learn Korean Through MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses)
The following courses are taught by prestigious institutions and are free to register. Why not enroll yourselves and try out your knack for Korean?
Learn Korean by Reading Your Favourite Magazines in Korean
Many international news channels, magazines, and radio stations publish a Korean version. You can leverage them to improve your language reading and listening abilities.
News in Korean
Radio in Korean
- Wikipedia - list of radio stations in South Korea
- List of online Korean radio stations
- K-Pop radio stations online
Learn Korean by Watching Movies, Documentaries, TV Shows, Serials in Korean
You can find some good Korean documentaries on the following sites.
Learn Korean by Participating in Korean Social Media and Forums
There are thousands of people who are actively pursuing the process of speaking a new language and there are places where they hang out to help each other. Listed below are some of the places where you can find them.
Learn Korean by Following Korean Language Blogs
Korean bloggers publish unique and interesting content to help language learners and if you are a beginner or an intermediate, we recommend you start with the following blogs.
- Transparent - Korean Blog
- 90 day Korean - blog
- Hanguk Drama - blog
- Learn Korean through K-POP
- Talk to me in Korean - lessons
- My Korean Ramblings
- Hangul a day - Korean and Hangul travel blog
Learn Korean Through Downloading Flashcards, Worksheets, and Printables
Flashcards are great visual aids that can help beginner of any new language retain the words learned and recollect them anytime they need'em in a conversation. The following resources have ready-made flashcards and worksheets you can make use of.
- Anki Web Decks
- Flashcards by Study Stack
- Basic Korean vocabulary flashcards by Quizlet
- Flashcard Machine - Korean Flashcards
- Flashcards collection by 101languages.net
Learn Korean Through Korean To English Dictionary and Word of the Day
How about learning one Korean word a day or looking up for the meaning of a Korean word only when you need it and setting yourself up for mastery one word at a time? Dictionaries can help you do exactly this.
- LexiLogos - Korean Dictionaries Aggregator
- Cambridge - English to Korean Dictionary
- Word Reference - English to Korean Dictionary
- Word Reference - Korean to English Dictionary
Learn Korean by Reading Your Favorite Comics in Korean
One comic strip = one Korean lesson! We recommend you these comic strips for beginners and intermediates of the Korean language.
Learn Korean Through Proverbs and Romantic Phrases, Korean Social Media
Korean Romantic Phrases
- Korean love phrases for dating and romance
- 15 romantic Korean phrases and love words
- Korean love expressions
- Let's talk love in Korean
- Wikiquotes - Compilation of Korean proverbs
- 55 enlightening Korean proverbs and sayings
- 26 wise Korean proverbs to change yourself
- These 11 wise Korean proverbs could transform your life
Translate Any Website in Korean to English and Vice Versa Using These Browser Extensions
These are some must have browser extensions for any language learner. When you end up on a website written in a language that you don't understand, these extensions will do the translation work for you.
BONUS: Learn Korean by Translating Your Favorite Movie Dialogues in Korean
Have we missed out any resource you use to learn Korean? Let us know in the comments. Wish you a happy learning!